|The Daring Young Snork on the Flying Trapeze|
Syndication Premiere: November 22, 1988
USA Premiere: December 10, 1988
"The Daring Young Snork on the Flying Trapeze" is the 28th episode of Season 4. Daffney joins the circus to prove to Junior that she's not scared, but someone else joins her, too.
Daffney tries on some dresses in her room, but feels bad becuase she's think she's not "gorege-wah," which means "gorgeous me." Casey tells her she needs to cheer up, and that she'll feel better when they go to the circus. Outside, Bigweed and Lil Seaweed are setting up traps, but mess it up, leading Bigweed to call her a klutz. As Junior takes them to the circus and insults Daffney about her problems, the Sea Urchins argue about the lack of fun. Lil Seaweed decides to go to the circus without him. The snorks sit through and enjoy PT Bass's Clownfish Circus and his many acts such as the clownfish, Emily Jellyfish, and Tessie the snork on the flying trapeze. Daffney and Lil Seaweed both want to be that. Daffney runs off to join his circus and sign his contract. However, she has to work with Lil Seaweed.
Things aren't smooth going at first, because not only do Daffney and Lil Seaweed have a hard time getting along, but they have to endour the hardships of being trapeze girls. After so many failed attempts, they get it just right. They actually enjoy the circus life, but what they don't know is that by signing his contract, PT Bass owns them for life. Bigweed is starting to miss having a companion around, so he swims over to the circus to find her. Casey also tells the boys that Daffney's gone, and her and Junior believe she'll be back because she forgot her Snorkendale's Card. The performance time comes by, and they perform a spectacular show. Bigweed seees this and gets nervous for Lil Seaweed, although he claims he fainted because he got hot. Then they learn PT Bass owns them, so they cause trouble and get him literally thrown out of the circus tent. Although Daffney and Lil Seaweed now get along with each other, they can't stay friends for too long because they're supposed to be "sea-enemies."
- We learn that, like Casey in Learn to Love Your Snork, Daffney has some body issue problems
- Dimmy makes a cameo appearance as a member of the audience
- This episode marks the first time Daffney and Lil Seaweed work on something together, and also the second interaction the two have had without other snorks since Daffney's Ransom
- Snorkendale's is referenced again (Casey in Sandland)
- It is revealed that Bigweed might show some signs of affection for Lil Seaweed
- Allstar and Tooter make brief yet unspoken cameos in this episode
- This episode also shows a small "Junior and Casey" moment, when they laugh about Daffney forgetting her Snorkendale's Card
Bigweed: I want a trial run!
Lil Seaweed: Kelp out, Bigweed, it'll work!
Bigweed: Then prove it to me! *she pulls it, and the trap falls on her* I knew you'd blow it!
Lil Seaweed: There's a logical explanation for this! It's a snork trap, and I'm not a snork!
Bigweed: No, you're a klutz!
Lil Seaweed: *grinds her teeth at him*
Lil Seaweed: Oh look, Bigweed, the snorks are going to the circus!
Bigweed: Big deal!
Lil Seaweed: Sounds like fun to me!
Bigweed: Fun?! Who cares about fin?!
Lil Seaweed: I do - sometimes!
Bigweed: No wonder you mess up on everything - your mind is always on fun!
Lil Seaweed: Oh yeah?!
Lil Seaweed: You know what your problem is?!
Bigweed: Yeah, YOU!
Lil Seaweed: No! You don't know how to have fun!
Junior: How do you expect to fly through the air when you can't even sit and watch a lionfish?!
Daffney: Junior Wetworth, you'll eat those words when I'm a star!
Junior: Then I guess I'll just have to starve!
Casey: Hey guys, did you hear that Daffney ran away to the circus?
Junior: You mean she actualy did it?!
Junior: Ah, don't worry, she'll be back soon!
Casey: That's what her mother said! She didn't take her Snorkendale's card with her!
Both: *giggle to each other*
Lil Seaweed: Bigweed, what are you doing here?
Bigweed: Well uh, I was in the neighborhood.
Daffney: Did you see our act?
Bigweed: Yeah, it was okay. Not bad.
Sticky: *laughs* Are you kidding? He was so scared, he fainted!
Lil Seaweed: Bigweed, you fainted over me??!!
Bigweed: Well, you know, it's uh, hot in here.
- When they compliment each other, Lil Seaweed's has white arms
- When Daffney needs help, Lil Seaweed's performance outfit disappears
- Why are the clowns called "clownfish" then they're clearly clown-snorks?
- Junior tells Daffney she'd be unable to tame a lion when he really meant a lionfish
- This is another one of those Season 4 episodes in which Snorkland and Snorktown are used in the same episode
- Daffney claims she doesn't trust anyone with eight hands, but she appears to have no problem being around Occy
- Tessie is constantly being referenced to as a 'starfish," when she's really a trapeze-snork
- PT Bass is a parody of famous circus ringmaster PT Barnum of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
- Deep Sea Moon is suposed to be a reference to the Blue Moon
- The background music as Lil Seaweed attempts the trapeze is similar in melody to Rudolph the Red Nsoed Reindeer
- The E.T. reference by Lil Seaweed means THE E.T.
Previous: Snork Ahoy
Next: Oh Brother!